Gluten Free Crab Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Dairy Free
Ingredients For Filling:
- 16 oz lump crab meat
- 1 cup of red onion
- 1 T of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium size green zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp of coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
Ingredients for Topping:
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup of dried parley
Separate Ingredient: non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open can of fire roasted tomatoes and drain off liquid.
- Dice red onion and slice garlic clove finely.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides of the zucchini and dice the insides.
- In a cast iron skillet or sauté pan, heat up olive oil and sauté garlic, onions, and zucchini insides until tender.
- Add salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Once softened, add diced fire roasted tomatoes.
- Fold in crab meat and turn off the heat; letting everything warm through.
- In a bowl, mix together almond flour, nutritional yeast, oregano, parsley, and salt.
- Add olive oil and mix together with a fork. It will form a crumble like substance.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon in crab mixture into each hollowed out zucchini.
- Top with crumble mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- When it comes out of the oven, serve hot. Right before serving, drizzle with just a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
Note: You may have filling left over. The crab filling is really good mixed in with scrambled eggs for breakfast. It is also good on top of a baked potato.
Category: appetizers, clean eating, dairy free, gluten free, paleo, recipes, seafood, Whole30Tags: clean eating, crab, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, healthy recipes, italian food, whole30 recipes, zucchini