Whole30 and Gluten Free Pineapple Meatball Skewers
Whole30 Compliant and Gluten Free
- 2/3 cups of fresh pineapple, chopped in chunks and drained well
- 1/2 cup of canned crushed pineapple (drained) ** Make sure the pineapple does not contain added sugar or is in a syrup**
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 2T grated onion
- A couple of dashes of coconut aminos
- A couple of dashes of Whole30 Compliant hot sauce- to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2lb of ground chicken or ground pork
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take fresh pineapple chunks and set aside.
- Drizzle a few shakes of coconut aminos over the pineapple chunks, mix, and let sit.
- Add meat to a big mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper
- In a food processor, coarsely pulse, pineapple, garlic, and onion. Add coconut aminos and hot sauce.
- Add mixture from food processor to the meat. Blend together with clean hands (the best tools) folding ingredients together.
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out meatballs. This will make between 24-30 meatballs; depending on your scoop size.
- After you roll the meatballs put them on the tray and put them back in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Bake between 15-20 minutes
- Once they are cooked through, cut off some of the run off fat around each one. You may need to drain on paper towels depending on the fat content and grease.
- Place on a skewer, along with one piece of pineapple that has been marinating in the coconut aminos.
- These can be served warm or at room temperature.
Category: appetizers, gluten free, recipes, Uncategorized, Whole30Tags: appetizer, chicken, fingerfood, glutenfree, glutenfreerecipe, meatball, pineapple, pork, Whole30, whole30recipe