Whole30 and Gluten Free Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Whole30 Compliant and Gluten Free
I literally make this while doing meal prep each week. I also keep bags of it in my freezer. It is perfect to throw into a soup, salad, taco, etc.
- 3 Chicken Breasts – I get mine delivered from Butcher Box
- 2 cups of Whole30 compliant chicken broth or stock
- 1T of coarse salt
- 1T of peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Variations- adding chili powder and cumin to broth, adding Italian Seasoning and garlic cloves
- Put chicken broth or stock into Instant Pot
- Add salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, and seasonings
- Add chicken breasts
- Set on steam setting for 35 minutes
- Remove chicken breasts.
- Shred with fork
- Store in glass container to use during the week or put in freezer. If I freeze it, I usually ladle in a bit of stock to keep it moist when it defrosts and re-heats.
- Strain and use the extra stock for other cooking projects. I usually put it in ice cube trays and freeze them. It is now an infused stock.