Gluten Free Instant Pot Spicy Beef Stew
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Dairy Free
This recipe is zero fuss. It is rustic. Vegetables are rough chopped and there really is no exact science to this. It comes together fairly quickly and has the taste of a stew that has been cooking all day long. It is done in the Instant Pot but, could be done on a stove top in a Dutch Oven.
- 1/2 T of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb of grass-fed beef steak tips
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt (I use Himalayan)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 carton of quality beef broth (I use Kettle&Fire)
- 1 can (14.5oz) of organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of The New Primal Spicy Marinade
- 2 sweet potatoes sliced into oval wedges
- 1 medium onion chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 cups of baby carrots
- 3 stalks of celery chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes quartered
- parsley for garnish
- Add extra virgin olive oil to instant pot and put on browning setting.
- Add beef steak tips and sauté until brown.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Chop vegetables into rustic pieces. I tend to like my veggies a bit bigger and chunkier..just my preference.
- Add Marinade and Bone Broth to the Instant pot and keep it on the browning setting for a few minutes to let the meat drippings incorporate with he marinade and broth.
- Add in veggies and potatoes, giving a mix.
- Add in garlic.
- Set Instant Pot for Stew Setting and let it natural release for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Note: When it comes out of the Instant Pot, it will be more of a soup than a stew. Wishing a few minutes, the sweet potatoes will start to break apart and it creates a stew like texture. You can certainly add a thickener to this recipe. I chose not to because I wanted it to be Whole30 and like the texture the way it is.