Sweet Potato, Egg, and Roasted Vegetable Frittata with Crispy Prosciutto Chips
Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Dairy Free and Gluten Free
- 1 Teaspoon of ghee
- 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 10 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups of diced frozen sweet potatoes (defrosted).
- Primal Palate Breakfast Blend Seasoning
- Nutpods Creamer (Regular not Flavored)
- 9 eggs (I use Vital Proteins Pasture Raised)
- 5 pieces of compliant prosciutto sliced in half
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the peppers and onions into strips.
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- On a sheet pan mixed with parchment paper, roast the peppers, onions, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and Primal Palate Breakfast Seasoning (or any seasoning you wish) to taste.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 minute until tender.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, Nutpods (or other dairy substitute), a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Using a 3.5 quart skillet or pan, add the remaining avocado oil to the bottom of the pan. This will insure the frittata will not stick.
- Heat the oil under medium heat, adding in the vegetables in an even layer.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- The eggs will begin to set with the vegetables. Tear off pieces of prosciutto and carefully place them on top. These will crisp up in the oven.
- Move the pan using the handle and when the edges start to set, I transfer the pan to the oven (make sure you are using an oven safe pan), to let the frittata set. Depending on your oven, this usually takes around 7-8 minutes. You will need to keep checking it.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve warm. I also like to eat wedges of this cold for a snack.
Note: This frittata will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. It is a great make ahead meal prep meal and also works well in a container for breakfasts and lunches throughout the week. I sometimes make extra prosciutto chips to garnish leftovers.
Category: breakfast, clean eating, dairy free, dinner recipes, Eggs, gluten free, grain free, paleo, recipes, Whole30Tags: brunch, clean eating, dairy free, Eggs, frittata, gluten free, grain free, healthy food, healthy meals, meal prep meals, nutpods, primal palate