Whole30 Vegetable Egg Cups
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free,Dairy Free, and Ovo- Vegetarian
- 1/2 T of avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of onion
- 1/2 cup of red pepper
- 1/2 cup of green pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup Nutpods (dairy creamer of coconut milk and almond milk combined-original flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- a pinch of finishing salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Dice all of the vegetables finely.
- Heat the avocado oil in a cast iron pan.
- Sauté the vegetables until tender
- In a bowl, crack eggs, add Nutpods, and add salt and pepper.
- Whisk until frothy.
- Line a muffin tin with silicon liners. If you do not have liners, spray with cooking spray or use paper liners.
- Spoon veggie mixture into each muffin liner (approximately 1/4 the way full).
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes; depending on the oven. I usually put an aluminum drip pan underneath when baking in case of spills.
- Once the egg cups come out, they will still need time to set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with finishing salt.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. These also can be frozen.
Note: These can be done with any combo of vegetable, and also with ham, bacon, and sausage. I also sometimes add hot sauce into the egg mixture to make them spicy.