Whole30 Autumn Sweet Potato Hash
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Dairy Free
Fall is my favorite season to cook in. I love everything about it. This hash is comfort food for me and ties in the apple flavor I crave. It is easy to make and re-heats really well.
- 1 large sweet potato (I used a white sweet potato and leave peels on)
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 strips of thick cut bacon or pancetta
- 1 T of Primal Palate Breakfast Blend Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp of finishing salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dice bacon and sauté in a cast iron skillet until crispy.
- Dice apples (peels on), sweet potato (peels on) and red onion. I dice rustically but try to make sure that your cuts are roughly the same size.
- Place the diced sweet potatoes, apples, and onions in a bowl and add Primal Palate Breakfast Blend Seasoning.
- Add the bacon and bacon grease (approx 1 T of bacon grease) over the top of the sweet potatoes, apples, and onions. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread mix on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Check to make sure sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Eat right away or re-heat later.
Note: This hash is great for breakfast alone, or can be eaten with a fried egg on top (my personal favorite). It also is great as a side dish (similar to a stuffing) with pork chops or turkey.
Category: breakfast, clean eating, dairy free, dinner recipes, gluten free, grain free, paleo, pork, Sheet Pan Meal, side dishes, Whole30Tags: apple recipes, autumn recipes, breakfast hash, breakfast recipes, clean eating recipes, dairy free recipes, gluten free recipes, grain free recipes, paleo recipes, whole30 recipes