Spicy Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Dairy Free
Total Comfort Food. I grew up eating chili on a regular basis. It was delicious but was full of pre-packaged processed ingredients. This chili recipe has the same spicy kick but with clean ingredients.
- 2 cups of sweet potatoes (you can use frozen or the steam bags as well)
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb of grass-fed ground beef 85%/15% fat ratio
- 1 can .6 oz of organic tomato paste
- 1 can 14.5oz of organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of scallions
- Peel potatoes, and dice them into cubes.
- Microwave for 5 minutes to soften them.
- Add avocado oil to dutch oven and put on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté.
- Once onion is a bit softened, add in ground beef. Brown completely.
- Add in tomato paste and fire roasted diced potatoes. Add water. Bring up the heat until it bubbles.
- Once it is bubbling, add in spices and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the partially cooked sweet potatoes; mixing
- Cover with lid, bring down to low heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Note: This can be served as is, or over a hot dog to make a chili dog. It does freeze really well. I freeze it flat in Stasher bags and re-heat in the bag when I want a quick meal.