Clean Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Dairy Free
This salad was made by a special family friend growing up. She used sour cream and real mayonnaise but, it was always a favorite at get togethers. I changed the ingredients some but the flavors are still there.
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup of celery
- 2 T of pineapple juice from can or that has collected
- 1 cup of red grapes
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 1 cup of chicken (rotisserie works well here)
- 1/4 cup of toasted almond slices
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (I use Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo)
- 1/2 T of pepper
- 1/2 T of Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 T of celery seed
- Dice celery, pineapple, red onion into bite sized pieces.
- Slice chicken into chunks or strips; depending on how you like it.
- Cut grapes in half.
- Toast the sliced almonds.
- In a big bowl, mix together, mayonnaise, pineapple juice, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Put in other ingredients and fold together.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight for best results.