Blueberry and Peach Cauliflower “Oatmeal” Breakfast Bowl
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Dairy Free
This recipe came to fruition after a few rounds of Whole30 and honestly, I was getting tired of eggs. I missed my overnight oats. While this recipe is not done overnight, it does mimic similar flavors of oatmeal. It can be made with so many combinations and can be made on the stove top or in the microwave if you want. If you want a one pot dish that is versatile and re-heats well for leftovers, this is the dish for you. SO delish!
- 1 bag (12 oz ) of defrosted frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Nutpods (or the milk substitute of your choice)
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 cup of defrosted frozen peaches
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup of sliced toasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons of Almond Butter (I used Justin’s)
- Defrost the riced cauliflower.
- Slice vanilla bean pod and scrape out seeds (caviar).
- In a pot, mix vanilla with Nutpods and heat until it bubbles.
- Once it bubbles, turn down the heat, and add in defrosted cauliflower. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on medium.
- Add peaches and blueberries to the cauliflower mixture. Cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken up a little bit and have almost the consistency of oatmeal.
- Add in salt, cinnamon, and grate in nutmeg. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve in bowl. Add toasted sliced almonds. Serve warm, or refrigerate for a later time. (Add a drizzle of honey or agave nectar if not following a restricted diet)
Category: breakfast, clean eating, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, paleo, recipes, Whole30Tags: breakfast, breakfast recipes, clean eating, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, healthy food, Whole30