Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten Free
This meal came to me after a few days of being snowed in. I used my pantry items from Thrive Market to create this meal along with a few spices, I had and some vegetables. This sauce could be made many different ways, adding vegetables or shrimp etc. It is very versatile and tasty!
- 1 cup of raw cashews (I get mine from Thrive Market)
- 13.5 oz can of organic coconut milk (I used Native Forest)
- 30 oz of uncured bacon bits (I used Epic Hickory Smoked) (save 1 teaspoon and put aside for garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 pound of your favorite veggie noodles- I made my own with my spiralizer using sweet potato
- Nutritional Yeast (I use Bragg’s)
- The cashews needs to be soaked before doing this recipe. This can either be done the night before or the hour before. For the night before, cover in water and sit on counter. For the hour before, cover with hot water and let soak.
- Once the cashews are soaked, drain the excess water, and give them a rinse.
- Add the cashews into a blender (I use my Nutri-Bullet), along with the garlic cloves, bacon bits, red pepper flakes, and sea salt. Blend until a thick sauce.
- Put veggie noodles in a microwave and cook for 2 minutes to warm up a bit.
- Add sauce to a skillet and warm through on medium heat, stirring. This is just to let the garlic cook a bit. Stir for 3-4 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Once veggie noodles are ready, either mix noodles into sauce directly in pan; or put some veggie noodles in a bowl and spoon sauce over.
- Garnish with remaining bacon bits and chopped parsley. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast!
Note: This easily could be thinned out with chicken stock to make a “carbonara” type consistency. You could add more bacon at the end.