Sweet and Spicy Beef and Potato Hash Stir Fry
Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Dairy Free, and Gluten Free
This recipe came together out of desperation. It is a sort of hash/stir fry fusion. I had a friend pop by for lunch unexpectedly while I was doing a Whole30. Not wanting to order out, I decided to rummage through my refrigerator and throw odds and ends together. In the end, it tasted really good and was super easy.
- 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil (I use Primal Kitchen)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 8 oz of frozen riced cauliflower (defrosted)
- 16 oz of diced frozen sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce (I use Cholula; which is Whole30 compliant)
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos (I use Coconut Secret)
- 5 oz of cole slaw mix
- 6 oz of roast beef (I actually used Applegate Organic Roast Beef Lunch Meat; which is Whole30 compliant).
- 1/4 cup of raw cashews
- optional top with Marinate Onions (recipe from Teri Turner @nocrumbsleft)
- Mince the garlic and grate the ginger. After mincing the garlic and grating the ginger, I put a bit of kosher salt on it, and use the side of my knife to make each one into an almost paste like consistency. I find it mixes in better.
- Finely dice the onion.
- Add avocado oil into a wok or skillet on high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Add the sweet potatoes and riced cauliflower and cook through until crispy (roughly 8 minutes)
- Slice the roast beef into strips and warm through.
- Add the hot sauce and coconut aminos and stir to incorporate.
- Add the cole slaw mix to the top and put the lid on the wok. Cook another 5 minutes just enough time to let the flavors meld together a bit and also let the cabbage wilt down.
- Top with cashews.
Note: This can be served as is or with a fried egg on top. I have had it both ways and it was good either way.
Category: beef recipes, clean eating, dairy free, dinner recipes, Eggs, gluten free, grain free, lunch recipes, paleo, recipes, Whole30Tags: beef, clean eating, dairy free, dinner, easy recipes, gluten free, grain free, hash, healthy recipes, lunch, lunch recipes, paleo, recipes, stir fry, Whole30