Asian Shrimp Stir Fry
Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten Free
This stir fry comes together in a matter of minutes. It definitely has a kick to it but it is balanced with the coconut milk It uses very basic ingredients a that I typically always have on hand. It is delicious and great for anyone looking to pack something balanced and easy for a workday lunch or to enjoy a quick dinner.
- 1/3 cup of avocado oil (I use Primal Kitchen)
- 1 Tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon of red chili paste (make sure it is Whole30 compliant)
- 2 cups of frozen shrimp (about 20 shrimp)- I got my shrimp from a local farmer’s market. I defrosted them in the refrigerator overnight.
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos (I use Coconut Secret)
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper
- 1 can or organic coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped Thai basil
- 1/2 lime cut into segments
- 1 scallion for garnish
- 1 packages of SeaSnax seaweed snacks. I one package of wasabi
- 1/4 cup of raw cashews
- Mince the garlic and grate the ginger. After mincing the garlic and grating the ginger, I put a bit of kosher salt on it, and use the side of my knife to make each one into an almost paste like consistency. I find it mixes in better.
- Finely dice 3 colors of peppers, the jalapeño, and red onion.
- Add avocado oil into a wok or skillet on high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic, and red chili paste.
- Sauté the shrimp, cooking them until pink. Remove the shrimp from the wok.
- Once shrimp are removed, deglaze the wok with the coconut aminos.
- Add the vegetables into the wok, cooking through for 2-3 minutes.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add red pepper flakes.
- Add cooked shrimp back in and one can of coconut milk. Add in Thai basil. Stir together for 5 minutes and let flavors meld and develop.
- Top with cashews, sliced SeaSnax and a squeeze of lime juice.
Note: This can be served as is, or over rice or veggie noodles.