Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potato Soup
Whole30 and Gluten Free
This was a huge hit today for St. Patrick’s Day. It warmed us up on this chilly day and was satisfying to all. A few quick shortcuts and this soup was done in no time at all.
- 1 lb of corned beef – I got mine from a gourmet deli that I know makes it Whole30 compliant with no brown sugar etc in spice mix. I just have them slice it thin. You could certainly use deli meat or make it yourself.
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of small mixed potatoes, mine were a yellow, red, and purple mix
- 1 bag of precut coleslaw mix (just the vegetables (cabbage, carrots), if it comes with a seasoning packet or dressing do not use that)
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of black pepper
- 6 cups of chicken stock (mine was homemade that I defrosted from the freezer, any kind of compliant stock will work)
- Dice the onion, carrot, and celery finely.
- I used an Instant Pot for this. This certainly could be done in a slow cooker or on the stove. On brown setting, put olive oil in and sauté the carrots, onions, and celery adding in the garlic cloves whole.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of salt and 1/2 Tablespoon of black pepper. Stir.
- Add in coleslaw cabbage mix and let the warm veggies make the cabbage wilt, Mix in.
- Add in potatoes. Cut any that are too bit, into bite sized pieces.
- Slice the corned beef into strips and add into Instant Pot.
- Add 1Tablespoon of salt and 1/2 Tablespoon of pepper
- Add Chicken Stock
- Set on Manual High Pressure for 11 minutes. Let steam release on its own.
- Ladle in bowl and top with chopped parsley