Whole30 and Gluten Free Mexican Chicken Salad
Whole30 and Gluten Free
They say the best recipes are often mistakes. This one definitely was. I had diced onions and peppers finely to make a Spanish Omelette. As I was taking the container of veggies out of the refrigerator, the eggs fell on the floor and broke! So, this chicken salad came together with things that I had and it is absolutely delicious.
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts – 3 of them (you can search the recipe on here to find it)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados- soft works best
- bib lettuce (optional)
- veggies cut up (optional)
- 1T chili powder
- 1/2 T of salt – I use grey sea salt
- 1/2 T of black pepper
- Cut avocados. Scoop out insides and mash inside of a bowl. Add the juice of 2 limes and mix until it thins out.
- Finely dice the 3 colors of peppers and red onion and add to the bowl
- Add the shredded chicken
- Add the chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Using tongs, mix carefully to keep the integrity of the shredded chicken
- Add more lime juice if necessary.
- The longer it sits, the better it is
- This can be served with cut up veggies, in lettuce cups, or with bread (for non Whole30’rs)