Whole30 and Gluten Free Butternut Squash and Sausage Salad
Whole30 Compliant and Gluten Free
- 1lb of ground pork
- 1T dried sage
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg- I use whole and grate it with a microplane
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 bag of pre-washed mixed greens
- 1lb of pre chunked butternut squash
- marinated red onions- see @nocrumbsleft for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place the squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, face up and drizzle with olive oil on the top
- Place in oven and let roast for 35 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, take a bowl and mix together seasonings, pork, kale, and egg white.
- After 35 minutes remove the squash from the oven. Let it cool down.
- Sauté the Sausage mixture with kale in a cast iron skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once sautéed, add squash. Mix together and let it warm through.
- Place a large spoonful of the mixture over a bed of greens.
- Top with marinated onions. This salad is best eaten warm.